67 break power break booster

Home Forums Discussion Forum 67 break power break booster

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Moose 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Steve OKeefe
    Participant

I got into my coach yesterday and my break went right to the floor. It was pretty low on Fluid so I put more in. That didn’t fix the problem right away. I started in and pumped them with no results then repeated and finally got pedal feel back. My question is how does the break system work on these? And is there a replacement booster available out there. Thanks for any help.

Moose
    Keymaster

Hey Steve! My guess is that the problem is with the wheel cylinders and not the hydrovac brake booster.

The wheel cylinders are cast iron and are prone to pitting and corrosion. Eventually, due to moisture that builds in the brake lines they will corrode and leak (especially during longs periods of non-use). This is typically why your brake fluid is also low.

The brake booster simply does what it’s name implies, and gives a boost to your braking power. When it fails, it will take more effort on the brake pedal to stop.

Moose

Steve OKeefe
    Participant

Thanks Moose

I don’t have any signs that the wheel cylinders are leaking but it will check those out. As far as the hydrovac break booster goes do you know who made those and if you can still get replacements for them. Of a rebuild kit.

Moose
    Keymaster

Steve, I’ll still stand by my doubt that the problem is with the brake booster, although it is likely that the booster could stand to be rebuilt to give you better braking power once you solve the problem.

The Booster is a Bendix model C hydrovac. I believe that ABS Power Brake in Orange, CA can rebuild yours for you or possibly sell you a rebuilt one. Their website is http://www.abspowerbrake.com/index.html

Moose

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar